Raise Toolhead using the LCD knob

Hi all,

I’m using a Lulzbot Taz 6.

Would you please share the exact steps to take to raise the toolhead to clear the nozzle using the LCD screen knob?

I found the X, Y and Z axis listed but when I press on each of these the toolhead does not rise.

I didn’t see this in the User Guide nor the manual.

Thank you.

I’m not sure I understand what you are asking so this may not be the answer you are looking for. The LCD screen knob has two functions, a twist (clockwise and counterclockwise) and a push. Twisting is used to select an option on the screen and the push selects that option. In some cases, the push selects a option that is an input and the twist adjusts that input (i.e. makes it bigger or smaller). Another push returns to the previous selection.

Starting from the initial “Info” screen one push and a menu appears, twist to select “Motion”, push and a new menu appears. Twist to select “Move Axis”, push, twist to select “Move Z”, push, twist to select an increment (one of 10mm, 1mm, .1mm), push and a value should appear on the screen. Twist to adjust it up or down by the increment selected and push when you are done to return to the previous menu.

The first entry on many of the menus is a return to the previous menu.

If this doesn’t answer your question, we may need more details on what you are doing and what appears on the screen.

1 Like