Random wait for user input

Hi Aliasmuse,

This what I wrote earlier: My model pauses twice and there are two instances of “M1” in the g-code.
Check your gcode for the M1 command. That’s Cura generating an explicit stop.
If that’s in there, it’s not a synch issue, but a Cura issue.

I forgot to say that I did check if the printer responded the last time it stopped. I tried pressing the buttons to move the axis and I tried to press the cancel button without anything happening, when closing the control window and opening a new one I could once again control the printer. To me it sounds like you are right Sebastian, and there might be a timeout. Can I do anything further, or do I just wait for an updated version of Cura?

You can print with pronterface or try the latest rc5 of marlin or at least my RC4 (signature). This versions are sending a busy string of a command takes long to execute. Maybe this is a solution for cura. .

I just finished printing the part with Pronterface, no problems. I am not sure if I feel comfortable with updating the Marlin firmware until I get some more experience with the Taz5. Right now, I think my solution will be to print larger prints with Pronterface.
Thanks for your kind answers.

Hi, just to test this, I generated a 340mm X 30mm X 1mm rectangle and printed it (without filament). Using Cura it will pause “waiting for user input” approximately 1/2 the time. Using Pronterface I have printed it 3 times so far with no problem. I’m going to print it a few more times to get a good statistical sample, but it seems to be a Cura problem.