My last two prints have failed with a MaxTemp error displayed on the screen. The z-axis also seems to drive down to the bed when this happens. The printer shuts down the hot-end and the bed. When I found it, the hot-end was fused into a divot that it created in my print and the whole mess was stuck on the bed. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
More information on what happens, in what order will help. What’s your current slicing setup? Does this happen with every gcode file or only certain ones? What material are you using? The stock TAZ 3 came with the Budaschnozzle Hot End, which had a lower default max temperature built into the firmware. What does your hardware setup look like?
More information on what happens, in what order will help. Ok, will try.
What’s your current slicing setup?
Currently using the Luzbot Cura software with the Taz 5 selected as there is no Taz 3 software that I could find.
Does this happen with every gcode file or only certain ones?
It has happened twice on the same gcode file, but at different points. I have started a print with an old gcode file to eliminate the file as a culprit. Will update upon completion or failure
What material are you using?
Hatchbox 3.0mm black PLA
The stock TAZ 3 came with the Budaschnozzle Hot End, which had a lower default max temperature built into the firmware. What does your hardware setup look like?
Not that familiar with the different hardware configurations, I got this machine used from a guy who had left it untouched for a few years after breaking the z-axis lead screw nut bracket. I printed a new bracket on my ender 3 and got it running again. I have had no issues with it until this.
This information helps. Does your TAZ hot end look like this? http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/3.0/photos/doc_photos/IMG_0690.JPG if so, reach out to the support team for details on how to best use the latest versions of Cura LulzBot Edition with the Budaschnozzle Hot End: https://LulzBot.com/Support.
Yes, my hot-end does look like that. I will reach out to them to get more information.
I tried printing an old file, and something weird happened. After a few layers, the hot-end temp changed by 10 deg. It dropped from 215 to 190. Everything kept printing, I manually adjusted it back to 215 and it finished the print.
I re-sliced the parts that I really need printed, and re-started the print. It is on layer 2 and the temperature set-point dropped to 205. I manually corrected it and it is still printing. I will have to leave it when I head home, but hopefully it will finish the print. I need the parts!!
Thanks for your attention and help. I will keep updating this as I go forward, hopefully help someone else out in the future.