I bought a Taz 3 and love it! If something happened I was going to upgrade it to the 5. No hurry to upgrade so I started collecting the parts. Early this summer I checked on a print in progress to find the dreaded lump of plastic around the extruder with a half printed piece… Time for upgrade! Yeah!
Power supply is 24 V.
New LulzBot TAZ Single Extruder Tool Head v2 (a work of art)
New bearings, linear and axial
Fabricated new harnesses (Only got 8 pins backwards!! )
Note: My old NAPA NW 726603 crimpers worked much better than the ratcheting crimper I started with.
Loaded Firmware and the z would not move ether direction and the y would not move away from switch it also said the y switch was closed when it was not.
Assumed the board was fried so I ordered a new RAMBo 1.3…Flashed… Switch problem went away. I am ready to burn in the Z but I get no Z or Y movement.