Taz 4 with V2B Toolhead

I just put the V2B toolhead on to my Taz 4 and I believe I have all the hardware in place. I see at the bottom of the instructions it says to update firmware.

Instructions: https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/taz4-hexagon-toolhead/accessories/

When I click on the link it opens a zip file but I’m not sure what exactly I’m supposed to do with this or if this is all that needs to be done. Can someone point me in the right direction to get the printer up and running again? I’m pretty horrible with installing things so details are appreciated!

Thanks

Try updating the firmware through Cura. When you add a toolhead, it should give you the option to upgrade the firmware.

Alternatively, you can update firmware through the “Machine” menu… at the bottom of there should be two options. Use the custom option to select the firmware file downloaded. You’ll need to extract the .hex file from the .zip.

That OHAI documentation is a bit out of date. Cura LE (as of v17 or higher) already has the right firmware packaged inside it for LulzBot printers. Be sure to pick TAZ 4, v2, single extruder as your machine settings. Then you can just click “install default firmware” from the Machine menu.

Thanks for the replies. I updated the firmware in Cura and I’m able to move the printer and extrude using Pronterface. However when I try to print using Cura it won’t connect due to “failed to autodetect serial port”. Any idea why this happened?

I don’t use Cura or Pronterface… but by chance do you have Pronterface open in the background. If its already using the USB, Cura won’t be able to use it.

Perfect, got it working. Must have forgotten the basics. It’s been awhile. :confused: