Taz 5 Dual Extruder Offsets in Firmware

Hi

I just got a V2 dual tool head and I am trying to integrate my offsets into the firmware as to not have to add them to the slicer/gcode because Simplify3D is not playing nicely. I downloaded the code from here: http://download.lulzbot.com/TAZ/5.0/software/2016Q2/Marlin/Marlin_TAZ5_1.0.0.1.tar.gz

Opened in Arduino IDE (after copying the AddOns). I modified Configuration.h to contain 2 extruders as well as the custom offset for T1.

// This defines the number of extruders
#define EXTRUDERS 2

// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, -0.68} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, -49.805}  // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

The problem is that after compiling and installing the firmware with Cura, I can’t get the front hotend to heat and the temperature reads 478* for it. Is there something else I need to change?

Thanks

In S3D, try adding the following to your START script:
M218 X-.68 Y-49.805 T1

The offset values are based on your example.

This was the only I found to set the offset on the dual extruders. Report back, confirmation of this would be great.

I haven’t tried your idea. I found the cause of my issue. I needed to un-comment “#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 5”.

I now have extruder 2 set to 0 offset in Cura and watching it print and it looks to be doing great so far. Now I will have to try in S3D again without having to mess with the offsets in Software.