To upgrade a TAZ4 to a TAZ5:
- TAZ 4 bed material is PET, TAZ 5 is PEI. PEI is more durable, lower prep and maintenance, and sticks better. https://www.lulzbot.com/products/lulzbot-taz-pei-sheet
- TAZ 4 hotend is a “budaschnozzle”, capable of up to 240C, TAZ 5 is a “hexagon” capable of up to 300C. https://www.lulzbot.com/products/lulzbot-hexagon-hot-end
- Replace the Budaschnozzle extruder body with a hexagon extruder body, (print yourself) http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/Juniper/production_parts/printed_parts/extruder_body_3mmhex_Mini/extruder_body_3mmhex_v1.0.stl
- Add a wire pair from the controller board to hotend cooling fan you need to add https://www.lulzbot.com/products/micro-blower-55v
- Replace the extruder mount with the TAZ 5 version, which accommodates the hotend cooling fan (print yourself) http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/Juniper/production_parts/printed_parts/extruder_mount_hex/extruder_mount_hex.STL
- Flash the firmware to a TAZ 5 (the hexagon requires a different firmware than the Budaschnozzle https://www.lulzbot.com/support/firmware-flashing-through-cura
Apologies if this is somewhere else in the forum, but I couldn’t find it.