I have a TAZ 4 and purchased the new hexagon hot end package from Lulzbot.
I have the Buda hot end assembly and was wondering about upgrading it to a Hexagon or E3D v3 hot end, but I have a few questions:
- I have a lot of 1.75 filament around and would like to use it up. Does anyone on the forum have an opinion on which hot end would be better for this (hexagon or E3D v3 hot end)
- If I go with the hexagon hot end what parts do I need to print and replace on the Buda hot end assembly. Are the parts that need replacing going to be the same if I replace with the E3D v3 hot end.
- There is a hexagon hot end available on Amazon, that everyone says is the same as the TAZ 5 hexagon hot end, is this true, is the hot end assembly, the heater, the thermistor, and the fan the same?
- Can I use the same firmware for the hexagon and the E3D v3 hot ends, are the thermistors and heaters the same.
- Can I or should I, look for a 1.75 hexagon or E3D v3 hot end, I know people are saying the 2.85 hot ends will run 1.75 filament, but if I have the option should I buy a hot end that is made for 1.75 filament and again which one to buy (hexagon or E3D v3).
Thanks for you help