Chatter sounds after a week of use

Hi all,

I purchased the Lulzbot Mini and have been using it on a regular basis for about a week now. I’ve noticed a consistent chatter sound from what I think is the movement of the bed. I don’t recall if the chatter was there from the beginning, but it’s been present for at least the last 5-6 prints I’ve done. I haven’t seen any noticeable issues with my prints, but did want to find out if this was normal or if my printer wasn’t acting normal.

I’ve made a short video of the printing with the chatter here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRPB_0bDHQ0

I read through the manual about maintenance, and only wiped the smooth rods with a dry towel as the manual said.

Does anyone else have this same chatter with their machines? If not, is this something I need to be concerned about?

Thanks for any feedback or advice!

I’ve had some chatter during real quick moments, but it’s gone away…
But to answer your question, mine does not sound like that.

Have you tried to just lift the machine up and/or re-situate it?

I tried re positioning my printer on the table I’m using. I did seem to help a bit, but the chatter is still present.

I’ll try a different table when I clear some space - perhaps my table isn’t quite level or has a slight twist to it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

did you ever solve this problem ?