Correct Filament Diameter

Ok guys. So I am still very much a noob to 3d printing, but I just wanted to make this quick post.

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING THE DIAMETER OF YOUR FILAMENT MEASURED CORRECTLY!

I have been having the most HELL trying to get my printer to make prints that were even usable. My bed was leveled correctly, the temperatures were good on my nozzle, print bed, and ambient temps. I could not figure out what was going on. I tweaked the setting for the filament diameter by .1mm and OMG, I cannot believe the difference. I was getting SO frustrated. I’ve worked with this printer for a little while every day and walked away frustrated for about four days now. I made that ONE adjustment, and it’s magnificent now.

Long story short, if you are sure that you have everything right as far as temps, and leveling, etc etc, try messing with filament diameter just a bit in small increments. That seriously might be all that’s wrong, and making you bang your head against the wall (possibly literally).

I really hope this helps somebody out. Happy printing!

http://cdn.yourepeat.com/media/gif/000/186/201/61b7dde3ea625aa9845e793710835fd6.gif