Different sized nozzles for Dual Extruder taz pro

I recently upgraded to a Dual extruder for my Taz pro and was wondering if I could use my nozzle out of my other printer head to help increase some print time.

my other print head has a 1.2MM nozzle in it and the dual extruder has 0.5MM nozzles.

is it possible to run with a 0.5MM nozzle and a 1.2MM nozzle

Hello,

If the other tool head you have is the HS+, that nozzle is not compatible with the Pro Dual Extruder.
The Pro Dual uses e3d v6 nozzles and the HS+ uses the volcano nozzle, which is much longer than the v6 variant.

In the picture below, the v6 is on the left and the volcano on the right.
e3d-nozzle-v6-volcano-hardened-steel

The other issue would be that the heater block may not be able to keep up with a 1.2mm nozzle as the whole point of a nozzle that big is to flow a lot of filament and if you have to reduce the speed significantly so the heater block can keep up, you have lost much of what you wanted to gain.

You might get away with a 0.8mm nozzle.

I was hoping it would be a easy swap but I guess unless I want to completely rebuild the printer head and more then likely void warranty, its not possible!

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it!

You can try and use a Bondtech CHT nozzle for V6. They work with 2.85mm filament. They go all the way to 1.8mm openings. Bondtech CHT® Coated Brass Nozzle for RepRap 1.75/2.85 heat blocks

At that size, I think you’ll be limited by the heater block, but you can always give it a try.

It might also be worth waiting for the soon-to-arrive DiamondBack 2.85mm nozzles. I was given a sample for testing, and they work with the bed leveling washers, and transmit heat so well that I’ve had to turn down temps by about 20c to avoid overheating the filament. I don’t know if it would be worth it at about $90 per nozzle, but you’d only ever need one of each size, since they don’t really ever wear out.