Came across a bug this weekend on our TAZ6 and wanted to report it in case it hasn’t been observed by others yet (searched but didn’t see anything).
I was mid-print and wanted to change the filament, so I went in the menu to Tune->Change Filament. After a couple seconds the nozzle did as expected and moved out of the way of the part, retracted the material, and I changed the filament… but the screen remained on the menu (i.e. it didn’t ask me to press the button when ready) and when I had everything switched over and clicked the scroll wheel, it restarted the print and immediately re-requested a filament change.
I was then stuck in an infinite filament change loop where I needed to click the button to continue, which then triggered the TAZ6 to change the filament again (no matter where or how I clicked it in the printer’s menu system). That print was toast, and I restated the printer and was able to print it successfully later, but super annoying and something that should be caught for the next firmware upgrade if possible.
I’m not entirely sure what caused it, but my guess is some sort of race condition where the printer was in the middle of something else when I requested the filament change and so two things were competing and something got out of sync with the printer’s state. I did also adjust the print head temp (via Tune->Nozzle) shortly before requesting the filament change, so perhaps that’s something to double check in case that’s part of the issue.
Otherwise, we’ve been loving our TAZ6. Thanks to the Lulzbot team for making such a great printer!