Lulzbot Taz 3 stops randomly

Printing connected via USB for Cura lulzbot edition (latest) and windows 8.1. It just randomly stops… the printer still says “printing…” but it doesn’t do anything. Hot end and bed stay hot which causes the hot end to melt the print a bit. When I find it like this I try to cancel the print and raise the head. Sometimes I can sometimes I have to restart cura. So I THINK it’s maybe cura causing the issues? I’m going to try print from SD card tonight.

Just wonder if anyone else had similar strange issues printing over usb? Should I try a different OS? Or different slicer?

I just put it in an enclosure, and it is about 30 degrees Celsius, but in the summer I’ve printed hotter than that no problems, so I don’t think it’s overheating, the electronics box is vented outside the enclosure anyway.

Make sure the computer is not going to sleep.

Are the electronics vented outside the enclosure? They need cool air or it can cause the motor controllers to overhead and turn off.

Go to the control panel power settings. Set your computer to the high performance setting, then click on the advanced settings, find the USB port setting and tell it to never go to sleep while the computer is on wall power.