No one talking about Quiver and the switch to Titan Aero?

With the Arduino Due CPU? Interesting, I’d always heard that it had some serious limitations (like lack of EEPROM) which is why Marlin 2.0 and Smoothieware were focusing on the the NXP LPC1769 MCU. I guess the upside is you can still use Arduino to compile.

Haven’t followed that discussion, so not sure… The Archim spec says it has Flash instead of EEPROM, so should perform same function? I do see they have a version of Marlin with a configuration_store.cpp modified to use spiflash read/write. But don’t know much about the board or the pros/cons, need to do some more research I guess.

Does it look like the printhead for quiver/TAZ 7 may be a different configuration than the currently available Aerostruder?

I’m asking because my TAZ 6 currently has a Titan Aero from itworks3d on it…one of their “early” ones that was not “mirrored”. When I look at mine, the idler tension knob is facing me, the large gear / hobbed axle is toward the rear, the stepper is on the left and the heatsink/fan on the right.

Compared to that, the current Aerostruder seems to have some parts mirrored. I can see that the quiver/TAZ 7 blower shroud looks to be different than the Aerostruder, but not sure about the configuration of the e3D parts.

If I upgrade my TAZ 6 to a 7 when the time comes, I’d obviously like to be able to leverage some of my existing e3D components if possible…since they are already set up for 1.75mm / 0.4 nozzle and my TAZ 6 became a different animal with that change.

Just curious…thanks!

A short video of the belted Z in action: https://twitter.com/lulzbot3D/status/988140899451351040

Where is thie ATTIC folder you speak of? I can’t find it anywhere on devel.lulzbot.com?

The directory structure has been changed since then.

I noticed this thread after I started my TAZ 7 question.

I started building a modified TAZ 6 as I preferred what Lulzbot did with the Mini2 in using belts for the z axis due to the cost of the lead screws being $165 a pair and just not something I want to use when building several in my workshop. After I started working on the Lower Z pieces I ran across the Quiver project and saw that they were making the TAZ with the same great design changes as the mini2. What is really nice about the TAZ 7 parts is that I can print those pieces on my Mini 1.03 and the 8020 frame is a better cost effective solution for making changes and modifications.

The Titan Aero head seems to be far superior to the Hexagon in many ways. I’ve been using the old method for 3 years and other than waiting 8+ hours for a print to complete it has been fairly rock solid so I am looking forward to being able to print faster and with greater detail.

I’m seeing a lot of discussion with their development team in increasing the accuracy and adding features that exist with some of the other vendors so I can say that I like where Lulzbot is going and they are very dedicated to building quality products and supporting their customers to an extent that really is rare.