Octopi Connections

I am trying to get octoprint running on a model b+ raspberry pi. I am using the most recent octopi build. The rpi boots and Octoprint runs. I can connect to octoprint via the Web browser but I can’t seem to get octoprint to connect to the Taz via USB. It says connecting in octoprint but never actually connects.

I have tried the connection with and without a powered USB hub between the rpi and Taz.

Has anyone else experienced connection problems like this.

We’ve run octoprint on a lot of machines with BeagleBone Blacks. Make sure the baud is 115,200 and using port /dev/ttyACM0. IIRC, you can turn on debug, and it will log to ~/.octoprint

Thanks. I will double check the port but I think that is what it was attempting to connect to. If that was the port, I will have a look at the logs.

Also, make sure your octopi user account has been added to the dialout and tty group: https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint/wiki/Setup-on-a-Raspberry-Pi-running-Raspbian

Now there is a likely suspect. I will be working on this again tonight and will post the results.

Thanks.

My setup is trying to connect to /dev/tty/AMA0.

Even with the user added to tty and dialout, it never connects.

What’s showing under “lsusb”?

I only ls’d the tty stuff last night. I will check usb tonight. I also turned on logging but forgot to look at it. :unamused: I will also check that out tonight.

Before and after turning on the Taz.

pi@octopi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
pi@octopi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 019: ID 27b1:0001
pi@octopi ~ $

After running lsusb, the correct port showed up in the list and I was able to connect.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

After that first connection it was a hit and miss. I increased the connection time outs in octoprint and all is well.

So like y’all, I’ve been having trouble connecting to my TAZ4 from my raspi. I just discovered that if I install the SD card, it connects right up! Does this make sense?

I have continued to have some trouble connecting to the printer after the printer has been power cycled. Most of the time, it takes a rPi reboot to have a successful connection.

My SD card is not installed… I will put it in and see if that helps.

That would be interesting if that’s the case…

Installing the card last night did not change anything for me.