Print with FlexyDually Using Only Flexible Extruder?

Hi there,

I’m new to the forums and to 3D printing. The dual-material capability of the FlexyDually is great and I’m looking forward to playing around with it. However, I’d also like the ability to print some objects that are ONLY made of flexible material. So far, I haven’t found a way to do that using my TAZ 5 / FlexyDually / Cura combination - the instructions I’ve found only explain how to merge two models and use both extruders. Can anyone give me any guidance about how to do this?

Thanks!

• Dana

This is doable. Just load the .stl of the model you want into cura and hook the driven harness up to the flexystuder, or make sure it calls the flexy toolhead in the exported gcode file. T0 calls one toolhead, T1 calls the other.

Thanks so much for your help! Can you help clarify one thing for me?

…hook the driven harness up to the flexystuder…

Does this mean that I can just plug the blue extruder harness into the first port, and the black into the second port? I considered trying this, but wasn’t confident that they were identical and didn’t want to risk shorting something out. As far as the second option goes, I clearly have some gcode research to do, but it looks like there are some good resources out there. Thanks for all of your help!

I’m talking about the connectors at the toolhead right above the motors, I think there are 2 4-pins that go to the motors and can be switched. I don’t know for sure on the OEM unit, that’s just how I make them.

These: