Printing stop. Object not complete

Hello,
Just received my TAZ5 yesterday and is very impressed with it, I was able to level the bed and print out a test object. Since this is not my first printer, I have a few large objects (around 5 inches tall and 3 inches wide) I wanted to print out. The quality is great, however 3/4th into the print, the printer just stopped.
Except for the 1/4 part that is missing, I would say the print was a success. My question is, do I have to set something in Cura so the printer knows how tall the object is to complete? I’ll be able to print the rest of the object as a separate part using slic3r and glue them together. But I would rather have a single object. Thanks in advance.

How tall was it? Just wondering if it exceeded the height limit. If your using Cura it should tell you if it won’t fit. Or was there some sort of computer power saving mode?

Are you printing via the USB cable, and if so what operating system are you running under? Windows 10 seems to be giving folks fits with the USB link.

Window 7 16 gig of ram. 5 inches tall. It looks like its a Cura model problem.
Normal view in Cura show the entire model, but in layer view I see where the top part is will not print.

In slic3r both views looks good.

How can I print the Gcode that is generated by slic3r. Do I have to have a SD reader and copy the file on that and return back to the TAZ slot?

Is it hollow with a top? Most of the times when I think its Cura or Simplify 3D it turns out to be my model that is the problem.

It’s hollow but slic3r renders it with a cap. I’m thinking it is my model, But it’s a really basic model, extruded cylinder to desired height. When I print this on another printer it works. My other printer is a FABtotum (It sucks big time, don’t buy it)

What software are you using for the “other” printer?? If Cura thinks it has a cap then that is why it stopped printing. I think Cura does a great job generating support when needed.

Slic3r.

Not so sure about that. The print stop around 3/4 of the way up, it’s not close to the cap section yet. Strange.

I figured it out. Instead of exported the model file to .STL straight from the 3D program like Maya, the .STL needs to be opened in Slic3r first then exported again to a .STL and opened in CURA.

Slic3r probably fixed the error/s the model had and the saved STL from Slic3r could then be correctly sliced by Cura.

I wouldn’t say errors since this was a very basic object. The export feature in the 3D software is probably using a different algorithm. Slic3r made it optimal for 3D printing which CURA couldn’t do natively.