I’ve got an issue affecting my last dozen prints that I haven’t been able to figure out.
The photos will serve as the best description. It seems as if each layer, starting about 1cm off of the PEI surface, is offset 3mm or so in either direction in an alternating fashion. By that I mean that it looks like layer 41 is printed at a Y offset of 3mm and layer 42 is printed with a -3mm Y offset. Strangely this only occurs on the “lower” half of the build area – lower meaning from Y0 to around Y130.
Note that the photos depict a single part, not two. You can see how the issue is only affecting part of the print area.
This is the part shown:
What I’ve tried:
- Ensuring that the two cables running to the build surface are moving freely and not snagging
- Checking to make sure all belts and bushings are moving smoothly
- Made sure the nozzle is not clogged
- Taz 4 with upgraded hexagon hot end
- Lulzbot Village Plastics red PLA 3mm
- Sliced with Simplify3D 3.0.2
- 0.25mm layer height / 205C temp
- “full honeycomb” infill at 70%, 15% outline overlap
I’m inclined to think that it’s not the gcode since the generated paths look as expected in a previewer. Any ideas? Anyone else experienced this before?