I am looking for some community input as I have basically exhausted all my known resources to fix this issue.
Ok so i printed 3 versions of the Rocktopus.
here were my steps so you can follow along and help out because i know there is an issue somewhere.
- i downloaded your model above
- i went into Cura 15.02.1-1.03 and in the menu went to expert switch to quick print and choose fast.
saved this as gcode and put it on the SD card to put into printer
pre heated printer to 230 ABS and 105 bed. 105 is the only temperature so far I can get proper adhesion.
started my first print.
- the first one. the bottom layer didn’t adhere as well so it failed when one arm popped off the bed so I stopped the print. otherwise it looked to have great adhesion on first layer.
next i said let me download the Cura profile so i went to here to get the right profile.
TAZ ABS Profiles
TAZ 1-4 Recommended Temperatures: Extruder: 230°C Bed: 85°C Part Removal: 50°C
and downloaded the fast profile
Fast, 0.28 mm layers
then in Cura i opened profile.
then i re saved the G-Code to the SD card and printed again.
this third print did as well print.
here is where the wheels fall off.
I opened the rocktopus_v1.9 inside of Netfabb to get the exact dimensions so i can check compared to the real print it shows me that length is 146.57 width is 148 and height is 47.17.
I will come back to this a bit later.
This was print 1 and how it failed - that’s ok prints fail although i am not quite sure why it failed.
Print #2. completed but didn’t look right. in the Z axis
Print #3. completed again looked even worse, I assume it was because it was on fast. but the Z layer height was still not quite there.
Using part 2 and 3. I started to measure it compared to size i saw in netfabb above.
X accuracy is right on.
Y accuracy is right on.
Z height however. is off by almost 50%