Taz 5 Ending G-Code

Hey guys I was trying to have my Y-axis(the bed) come forward after a print finishes.

I thought I had the correct gcode at the end but the bed didn’t move. Here is my gcode:

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
M140 S50 ; Set bed temperature to 50
G28 X0 ; home X axis
G90 Y280 ; Set Y axis to bring printed part forward
M84 ; disable motors

Does anyone know if I coded it wrong or if I’m missing something to have my heat bed come forward after a print?

Change the G90 command to a G1:

G90 Y280 ; Set Y axis to bring printed part forward

To:

G1 Y280 ; Set Y axis to bring printed part forward

G90 sets absolute positioning- G1 moves.

If you’re planning on removing the part once the bed hits 50, you can do something similar to the Mini, where it kicks the bed out once it’s ready. You may also want to home the X axis first before your set temp and wait, so it’s not hanging above your print

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
G28 X0 ; home X axis
M190 S50 ; Set bed temperature to 50 and hold until it's reached
G1 Y280 ; Set Y axis to bring printed part forward
M84 ; disable motors

Thanks this helps a lot!

I had the very same need / want - a constant end code that would always park the extruder and set the bed forward. I’ve also included some ooze prevention for PLA and a shutdown message. This goes in all my prints. I hope it helps out!

M400   			  ;finish all moves
M104 S0       	 ;extruder off
M140 S0       	 ;heated bed heater off
G91					;relative positioning
M204 S800 		  ;adjust acceleration
G1 E-1 F300       ;retract the filament 1mm
G1 Z+10 E-5 F3000 ;lift the extruder 10mm and retract 5mm more (PLA ooze prevention)
G0 RR				 ;rapid move (really not necessary, but was in cura already)
G28 X0 Y0			;home X and Y axis
G90					;absolute positioning
G1 RG X250 Y240 Z200 F6000	;park at back center top and move the bed forward
M84               ;steppers off
M107              ;fans off
M117 Shutting Down. ;display shutdown

Besides the ooze control, seems like a lot of work to move the bed out. Move the nozzle home then, to the back.

I use what Orias posted: G1 Y280. It slides the print head back, leaving it at the current print height.

It is a bit excessive, but I had one occasion where it bumped the Y+ limit. I’d rather have it re-home and be sure than to have it over travel again. I move it to the end of travel for visual purposes - I record almost all of my prints now, so I want to have a nice clear ending visual.

But yes, you’re completely right, it’s more than typically needed.

Interesting point… whatever works. :slight_smile:

If prints are being knocked off by the nozzle, then there are other issues… like flow rate (filament diameter most likely). The nozzle retraction should put it out of the way… I might steal the idea for myself. :slight_smile: