Taz 5 stopped working

I’ve had a Taz 5 for about 3 weeks now and it has been working fine. Started an overnight print last night (have done them before) and this morning it was stopped mid-print with the extruder just sitting where you’d expect it to print. Print bed and extruder were cool.

Now, nothing is working. None of the motors will move (or attempt to move). The screen on the Taz 5 “works” as I can scroll through the menus. When connected to the computer and using Cura, I can “connect” to the printer but I cannot control the X, Y, or Z movement. The upper right corner of the Cura control screen has a button that says “Motors Off”. I don’t know if this means they are off or I can press this to turn them off.

Anybody have any idea what we can try and get this printer working again? Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you need to check the two micro fuses. You might have blown the fuse that the motors are on.

Thanks for the fast reply. Where are the micro fuses and how do I get to them?

They are inside the control box on the control box near the power connector. They are little white rice grain looking parts. :slight_smile:

Sorry for all the “stupid” questions but the manual that came with it is a little lacking in clarity. You are talking about the black box on the left side of the Taz (that has the power switch and USB plug on the front, and the power connectors on the back), correct?

Looks like there are 4 screws on the side that I remove to access the insides, correct?

I opened the box and on the circuit board (on the left side-ish) are two small white things (about the size of a grain of rice) and are printed with LF5A. Are those the fuses?

Yes.

I cannot thank you enough for your help.

I opened the RAMBo and using my multimeter found the fuse (image link - http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/b/b4/Ramb1-2-fuses.jpg) F2 has no continuity.

I found these on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0131VFDAQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=38WQDPOG6PMWA&coliid=IKM7IJA2BML7D&psc=1) and I’ll order them now.

Hoping it was a bad fuse and not something systemic that caused the fuse to blow.