Taz Pro updated firmware crashes during auto alignment and backlash

Updated from Cura 3 LE to Cura 4.13.5 LE and it said a new firmware for the Taz Pro was available ( firmware 2.1.3.0.21). Ever since updating the firmware, the Taz pro has been having all sorts of issues, it gets stuck when performing auto alignment, usually in the bottom right when trying to measure the lower right ring. Then when trying to run backlash, it moves all the way up and bangs several times against the top of the printer before erroring and saying to restart the printer. Not sure what the issue is.

I’m new to 3D printers and have slowly been trying to learn along the way. Hoping to resolve these issues so I don’t have to go back to Cura 3, if possible.

Did you accidentally select the BL touch firmware? The lower right is where it starts the leveling when it think you have a BL touch.

If you can, attach a video of the problem(s).

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I cannot attach a video of the issue. I did not select BL touch firmware, I upgraded to Cura 4.13.5, and upon opening the new software version, i was prompted that a new firmware version was available for the printer. I did so and thats when the issues occured. This taz pro does not have the BL touch. The model I have is the Taz pro Dual Extruder.

So I think it’s working now. I don’t recall backlash and x axis leveling in the old firmware I was using before, but I tried them on the new firmware in an attempt to get the lulzbot to print as accurate as possible. I’ve been using some old, used, gunky 0.5 mm nozzles up until today, when I replaced them with brand new 0.4 nozzle tips. The printer is printing nearly perfectly now. I’m not sure why the auto measurement screwed up, but after fitting the new tips, I ran the tool offset auto measure, and didn’t bother with backlash or z axis leveling, and so far my last 3 prints have been awesome.

Can anyone explain what the backlash leveling and x axis leveling are supposed to do? X axis leveling just makes my tax pro slam up at the top repeatedly until it fails, and backlash looks like it attempts to run the tool offset, but ends up hitting the square sensor too aggressively and almost flexing the tool head before I stop.it by switching off power and gently moving it up and off the pad.