TAZ5 control 5v heatsink fan in Marlin Firmware?

Hello,

I have been searching the latest version of firmware to find where to control the two micro fans for my dual extruder heatsink.
I cannot find a PID solution or a bang bang solution :bulb:

But, where in the firmware do you control, modulate voltage to these fan’s pins??? config.h, config.h adv., pins??? I can’t find it!!! :blush:
The problem is not how to control fans 0 and 1 with the m106 s255 and m107 commands. I want to control the 5v micro fans.This fan needs to be slowed down just a hare, but it is cooling my hotend too much. This will reduce the life, and cause an inconsistent temp for printing.

Thanks Grem

Hello,
Not being able to control the fan is a design flaw. :laughing: Giving less power to the fan was the objective.#less rpms is not an enormous thing to ask for.

I guess these fans are uncontrollable THROUGH the RAMBo board pins they are assigned? Right. :neutral_face:
micro 5v fan (a front facing fan) too powerful? :question: :ugeek:

Not having some way to control a vital part of a the extruder’s design is a major design flaw? :question:

Rheostat in line?

Umm… okay. If you turn off the heatsink fan, I guarantee you will need a new hotend from the filament melting in the chamber.

ENGINEERS design things for a reason. A heatsink to dissipate heat. A fan to assist because the heatsink alone can’t keep the chamber cool.

Here’s a thought, unplug the fan and run your hotend…

He posted in the Hardware section also, the exact question?