TK-0 Plastic Not Sticking

I am using the green tape and hair spray printing ABS bed temp at 88 degrees.

http://i.imgur.com/VP4eBfd.jpg

Your nozzle is too high on first layer. Also try printing with a 3mm brim

Some other tricks to help get that first layer to really stick is to set first layer extrusion width at 150-200% and to slow down the first layer speed a bit.

Use the ABS/acetone slurry that is discussed in the manual. Hairspray is a neat experiment, but it doesn’t work as well and actually shrinks the parts (!).

Also, you could lower your first layer a little bit too.

Hairspray shouldn’t be used on tape, but on bare glass.

I am puzzled by how many people keep recommending hairspray on the RepRap forums and on the 3D Printing Google+ community, and none of them ever reported parts shrinking. :confused:

As I said here on this forum, my parts were indeed shrinking using hairspray, I only use lulzjuice now. But sometimes for large parts it’s not enough, adding thin discs on the corners can help, if you look at Lulzbot files that’s what they’re doing.

I think a lot of people don’t notice it. It is also a bit of a surprising effect, so people that see it, likely think it is something else. You can notice it with something like gears more easily. But quite a few people have confirmed it happens…

I wish they would speak out, because I’m the only one doing it on the afore mentioned forums, and everytime no one believes me! :unamused:

Some users have encountered flaking or delamination when removing parts when printing on bare glass. We recommend printing with either the stock PET surface, or with the new PEI print surface that some of our more advanced users are using with great success.

Thanks!