Cura 14.09-1.18 - Sometimes prints old versions of models

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this or if I would get better results with technical support.

I printed a large model, found an issue with it, regenerated a new STL file, cleared the bed in cura and reloaded the new version. The model is completely correct on the screen with updated print times. But when I printed, it gave me a second copy of the old version.

I suspect this is a software issue and some error was hit either loading the new gcode or generating it. I didn’t rename the file between versions, so I’m wondering if this may be part of the problem. Normally, I wouldn’t complain but this is a 3.5 hour print and several dollars worth of plastic wasted.

I don’t know if lulzbot owns the cura software or where it comes from, so I may be barking up the wrong tree.

Cura 14.09 - 1.18
Debian/Linux “Jessie” amd64
Lulzbot Mini

Are you printing from the SD card or straight from the computer?

Next time you try to print the part in question, rotate it 45 degrees.
Or just move it to a different place on the bed if the part is round.
You’ll know immediately if you’ve captured the correct gcode or not.

I’m struggling with CURA too. The learning curve for beginners is quite steep.
However, I’ve never experienced the issue you’ve had. I never print from the SD card though.

I’m printing straight from the PC through a USB cable.

I was able to work around the issue. I renamed the file, power cycled the printer, and rebooted the PC. This forced a load of the new version.

In general, I’m very, very happy with CURA. Just load up the STL and as long as you use quick print, most things are automatic. I read the manual for slicer, and it seems to be much harder to use although it’s probably better once you have 3D printed for awhile and want to tweak every single option.

Since what I hit was rather bad, I was just hoping to get someones attention on it. Like I said, I don’t know if lulzbot owns that customized version of CURA or if it’s from somewhere else.

To prevent such things in the future, make sure you note the download location and watch for the file naming. Glad you have it working appropriately!