got MaxTemp Error for a specific gcode

Hello all,

Everytime I click on the print button in Pronterface (with the attached gcode), I get the below problem

Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered ! Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting) [ERROR] Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart.

I then do a power cycle and try printing a different object and everything works fine. Did I do something wrong while generating the gcode.

I first tried with slic3r but it wasn’t able to finish exporting so I switched to Cura, which worked fine with flipping and exporting. I would be happy if you can guide me in the right direction.

ps: I wasn’t able to upload the gcode (13.3MB) please see the kapak_flipped.stl file
Kapak_flipped.stl (278 KB)
Kapak.stl (278 KB)

If you are seeing that it’s because your nozzle is above the firmware limit, or you have a short somewhere in your thermistor circuit. What type/generation of machine are you running?

Hello thanks for the reply,

I have a kittaz that is around 2 months old. I am still not sure if this is a hardware error though. The problem only occurs with a specific gcode. After getting the error, I do a power on/off cycle and load a different design and the system prints without problems.
Can it be that the object is out of bounds of the printbed and the firmware fires an error.

Hello again,

I have tried both scaling the STL file and shifting it to the left so that the object wasn’t out of bounds. It had no effect, when I click the print button, motors don’t move and the temperature for the extruder increases and then I get the MAX TEMP error.

I have downloaded a couple of more STL from thingieverse. Some of them work and some don’t. If this was a hardware issue, shouldn’t it occur for all designs? I really don’t understand and am really frustrated about this.

I would be happy if someone can help me solve this problem. For example, Can you please try the attached Project_Box_4x2.5x1.5.gcode ? Does it start printing when you click Print button?

Should I be changing some settings for Pronterface?

greetings
rifo
Project_Box_4x2.5x1.5.gcode (4.13 MB)
Earbud_Case_v1-4_MEDIUM.gcode (1.45 MB)

Hello,

One more update, I have tried the original STL file, (which is actually not printable as it has a huge overhead) and it started the print without problems. Thus I think that the flipping operation I did with netfabb caused some problems. Maybe the pronterface fires up this error when there is a problem with the STL file.

Can anybody please guide me for how to flip the STL file 180 degrees along the X axis.

thanks a lot
rifat
Kapak.stl (278 KB)

Hello all,

More update on the issue. I have used an online slicer service https://www.astroprint.com/ and uploaded the problematic STL. The generated gcodes worked just fine. For both slic3r and cura, I have used the default lulzbot taz settings. I don’t know where I did something wrong.

Can anybody please try initiating a print with the problematic stl’s that I have attached in my previous posts. This way I can pinpoint the settings issue.

Also, I don’t understand how I got the MaxTemp error due to a Slicing error, I mean does the software instructed my Taz 4 to raise the temperature?

thank a lot for your help

Well looking at the gcode file you are trying heat the extruder to 250 C which is the limit and will give a MaxTemp error. 240 is the max you should reach, as that is the fail point for materials in the heater.

It kind of looks like you are using two different slicing profiles.

This is correct. You want to set your print temps to 0 (unless you are using an auto-leveling system like the mini).

It seems I was correct in saying that your nozzle is above the firmware limit.