Checking into the website after leaving my Taz idle for a while and picking it up again I saw Cura 2.6 and downloaded it and upgraded. I have printed many parts successfully in Cura 20.01 even recently.
So I tried to print the Aerostruder backplate in PLA using Cura 2.6, I had not successfully printed this part in 20.01 yet but have printed other backplates previously and with this same PLA.
First I had issues that seemed to be support related. It would print fine until the verticle hole, then would spiderweb some and plug up. Now its only printing to about the third or fourth layer before it drags, plugs and starts printing air.
Ive been slowing down the speed, adjusting the post-retract prime amount, adjusting the brim and support settings… anything I could think of. I’ve had about a dozen ruined parts to try new ideas.
Finally I downgraded to 20.01 again (and downgraded firmware) and the first layer looked much better. I havent finished it yet, but I am hopeful. I think the slicing profile in 20.01 doesnt travel as much between retracts on a solid layer.
Anyone else having print layer problems in Cura 2.6 they werent having in earlier versions?
What additional information do you need from me to use my experience for possible improvement?
- Cura 2.6 (downloaded two days ago, firmware updated)
- Lulzbot Taz 5
- Single Hexagon Extruder
- .5mm Nozzle
- PLA printing at 210c and 60c bed temp that prints successfully otherwise
- Bed is level and in great condition
- First layer prints decent with a few missed lines after moves
- Second layer looks great and corrects most of the minor flaws in the first layer
- Then I leave it unattended and at a suspiciously similar point in the print the nozzle plugs.