Lulzbot Taz 6 M175 V2 Head Not Finding z-Home correctly

Hello all. I recently purchased a used Lulzbot Taz 6. I also purchased the M175 V2 head, since I predominantly use 1.75 filament. I have a macbook, and since Lulzbot Cura on Mac doesn’t directly support the M175 head I installed the M175 package using the pdf on their Cura page.

After that I installed the M175 head with the adaptor and powered on the machine. Then, using Cura and the firmware I got from the M175 package install, I updated the firmware manually. I corrected my E-steps using the values I’d recorded, and told the printer to home. The x and y axis homed correctly, but then the printer head/nozzle moved over to begin homing z and nearly crashed into the table. I had to power the machine off to prevent it from slamming into the 3D printed piece holding the z-home button.

I’m not really sure where to go from here. I’ve done a bunch of searching but haven’t found anyone who’s had this issue. Very possible I’ve missed an obvious issue. Please let me know if I can clarify anything, not sure if its a software issue or what. Thanks so much.

Did you select the M175 tool head from the LCD panel on the TAZ 6?

It is likely that the instructions provided gave you the M175v1 information rather than the v2 information. The start gcode and likely the firmware are both incorrect for the v2 and are likely the source of your issue.

Latest taz 6 universal firmware

latest taz 6 M175v2 start gcode