Hello all. I recently purchased a used Lulzbot Taz 6. I also purchased the M175 V2 head, since I predominantly use 1.75 filament. I have a macbook, and since Lulzbot Cura on Mac doesn’t directly support the M175 head I installed the M175 package using the pdf on their Cura page.
After that I installed the M175 head with the adaptor and powered on the machine. Then, using Cura and the firmware I got from the M175 package install, I updated the firmware manually. I corrected my E-steps using the values I’d recorded, and told the printer to home. The x and y axis homed correctly, but then the printer head/nozzle moved over to begin homing z and nearly crashed into the table. I had to power the machine off to prevent it from slamming into the 3D printed piece holding the z-home button.
I’m not really sure where to go from here. I’ve done a bunch of searching but haven’t found anyone who’s had this issue. Very possible I’ve missed an obvious issue. Please let me know if I can clarify anything, not sure if its a software issue or what. Thanks so much.