Mini Firmware / Cura Issues

I apologize if this has been posted already, but I did my due diligence in looking briefly and didn’t see my exact set of issues, so please bear with me…

I have an original mini without the lcd screen, from what I’ve read probably an AO-101. I haven’t used it in some time and I don’t think I’ve ever used it with this computer (2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 running MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 (c) ).

I downloaded Cura LE 3.6.37 at some point so I tried opening that, but if I click a drop down under the Prepare screen (Category, Material, Profile, etc) and select an option, any subsequent click anywhere else in the application causes the drop-down menu to reopen, clicking again anywhere else causes it to close. I have since found a workaround to that I think.

The problem is, I thought maybe this issue had been fixed or was in the process of being fixed, so I downloaded the experimental version of Cura LE (4.12.0-BETAv2.4). That didn’t seem to have a problem with drop downs, but also wouldn’t connect to my printer in the monitor section or whatever the 4.12 equivalent is. The error message mentioned maybe the firmware wasn’t loaded, and I figured maybe there’s an update anyway, so I clicked the “update firmware” button and it indicated the firmware was successfully updated. Clicking connect again however, I now got an error message that the firmware on the machine didn’t match the profile in Cura. I then tried downloading and installing the latest firmware again through the Cura 4.12 Beta by clicking update firmware and selecting the custom option. Again it indicated it updated successfully. Closing and reopening Cura then gave me the “could not connect” message I started with.

I tried reinstalling Cura LE 3.6 and it is not detecting the printer.

All that to say, I’m in over my head here. I suspect there may be conflicts since I have downloaded and opened 3 separate versions of Cura at this point, and I have no idea what system files may need to be deleted or replaced… I’d sincerely appreciate any thoughts or suggestions